Wishing everyone a safe, prosperous and happy New Lunar Year! Bringing in the year of the Ox and the lunar new year is celebrated by Malaysian, Vietnamese, Chinese and may Asian cultures that make up the rich fabric of multicultural Victoria and the heritage of many of market visitors and sellers.
It’s a cultural red letter weekend with the Lunar New Year 🧧 and Valentine’s Day on this weekend🌹. Despite the first greeting card creations of Hallmark Cards in 1913 and links to St Valentine, this European tradition actually has dark origins https://www.npr.org/2011/02/14/133693152/the-dark-origins-of-valentines-day
Please be aware we will be closed on #ValentinesDay this Sunday, 14 February 2021, due to the latest Stage 4 ‘circuit-breaker’ COVID19 restrictions announced yesterday (12 February 2021).
All stall holders have had their bookings cancelled for the 14th of February. Refunds are be processed automatically and credited to the account that paid the booking with the reference of ‘Rotary Club of Balwyn’. Banks can take between 3-5 days for the transaction to appear in account records.
The booking system has been updated with extra May stalls and casual stallholders need to rebook a new available date. You can check stall availability via the the booking system link at https://mk01-booking.azurewebsites.net/ or learn more about selling at the market here: https://camberwellsundaymarket.org/treasure/selling/
Join us for a COVIDSafe Sunday morning when Stage 4 restrictions are lifted and help us protect our market and the broader community by following our COVIDSafe Plan and:
- If you are unwell, do not come to the market
- If you have been travelling overseas/interstate, or have been in contact with a COVID19 virus, within the last 14 days, do not come to the market
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Scan our QRcode to record the date and time of visit
- Maintain 1.5m physical distancing
- Visits are limited to 90 minutes
- Use hand sanitiser & maintains hygenie (e.g. cough into your elbow, wash your hands, etc)
- Look for price tags on items to avoid getting too close to stalls
- Follow instructions from the caravan PA, Rotary volunteers and our COVID-19 Marshals